New School

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What do you think the oldest age is for a child to switch schools without any transitioning problems? Generally speaking of course.

RobynM
    Participant

I think by 9th grade, the child should be situated in the school. It is hard to transition in the middle of high school. Anytime before should be fine, I would think.

LKaplan
    Participant

I bet it depends on the kid, but most should be okay before 5th grade/middle school. Good luck!

santoki
    santoki
    Participant

DO NOT transfer your child in 7 grade. Kids are vicious at that age… going through all sorts of moodiness, popularity contests…. The best is before 5th grade.

Anonymous

It also depends on whether a school has a lot of kids coming in for that school year. In private schools, they might let a bunch of kids in for certain grades, which would make it easier for the new kids.

Anonymous

I transfered in my senior year of high school! And it actually turned out okay!

Grace Han
    Participant

If it’s for a private school, I hope it’s not for an all girls’ private school. I hear horror stories, especially for middle school aged girls.

LKaplan
    Participant

I’ve heard bad things about all girls schools too, and I was shocked! I thought it single gender education was supposed to be more supportive!

Anonymous

I think the oldest is 6th grade. You really want your child to become adjusted before high school starts. And most schools start offering honors classes starting 8th grade and 7th grade is when kids are going through their terrible tween years so I think 6th grade is the oldest.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Web Analytics